Energy-saving coating PROTERM NORD
Latest modification, designed for winterization of residential buildings and constructions, industrial enterprises and various other surfaces in winter conditions.
Warning! The material should be applied at the ambient temperature from -30˚С to +35˚С.
At temperature over +7˚С the application of PROTERM® FACADE is recommended.
This coating is designed for application on various surfaces, operating in conditions of low temperatures. The material acts as a heat-insulating material, retaining heat indoors; as a waterproofing material, preventing the penetration of moisture in cracks and fissures; and as façade paint, covering walls with smooth vapor-permeable layer. This modification of PROTERM® coating is designed specifically for concrete surfaces: its viscous consistency is easily applied on vertical walls. The dried layer of this heat-insulating material forms a solid polymer coating on walls of a building.
Apart from its energy-saving properties, PROTERM® NORD combines waterproof properties with a polar opposite quality – its polymerized surface can «breathe», i.e. it is vapor-permeable, like the high-quality silicon-based facade paints.
The walls, treated with energy-saving coating PROTERM® NORD, in cold season provide the heat retention by 30-40% higher than before the coating application and almost don’t get heated in hot weather, as the coating can reflect up to 90% of solar radiation.
The application of energy-saving coating PROTERM® allows achieving several goals at once:
- possibility of using the coating along the whole outdoor perimeter of a building;
- reducing labor, time and financial costs for construction and repair works performance;
- keeping the initial load on building structures unchanged;
- optimization of temperature conditions inside the building;
- possibility of using the coating on complex-structured facades and preserving the historical appearance of buildings.
Energy-saving coatings PROTERM® can be applied with painter's tools or with airless sprayers.
Methods of application:
- Pneumatic method – the pressure is 1.5 – 3.5 atm;
- Airless method – the pressure is 80-110 bar, nozzle diameter (inches) – 0.013 0.015, 0.017;
- Spray angle is 20, 30, 40 depending on the shape of the surface to be coated;
- During application a smooth wet layer without gaps, drips, shagreen or other defects should be formed.
Main parameters of application:
- The material is applied at ambient temperature: from -30˚С to +35˚С and atmosphere relative humidity not above 80 %;
- Do not apply the coating on damp surface and at wind velocity over 10 m/sec;
- The coating is applied on surfaces with temperature: from -30˚С to +35˚С, the temperature of the surface to be coated should be 5˚С higher than the dew point temperature;
- Recommended wet layer thickness: 0.5 mm – 1.0 mm;
- Recoating interval at tв= +20˚С: 4 hours;
- Theoretical material consumption: 1.2-1.5 l/m2; 0.5-0.7 kg/m2 - at 1 mm thick layer;
- Basic color of coating — white, RAL coloring is acceptable;
- Solvent — ortoxylene;
- After drying the coating layer operates within the temperature range: from -60˚С to +200˚С;
- Transport conditions: from -30˚С to +30˚С.
Material PROTERM® NORD should be stored in closed explosion-protected, non-incendive areas.
The product is packed in air-tight metal containers of 3, 10 and 20 liters.
The storage time of the packed material while maintaining all conditions is at least 12 months.
Other product modifications: