Energy-saving coating PROTERM BIOCIDE
Heat-insulating material, eliminating mold and fungi and preventing their formation on the surface.
The coating PROTERM® BIOCIDE can be applied both indoors and outdoors, as the material is absolutely safe for human and animal health.
Material PROTERM® BIOCIDE is a modification of the PROTERM® series, which contains fungicidal components. It is used for heat insulation of surfaces, prone to the adverse impact of fungi, mold and insects.
After application and the complete drying of the PROTERM® BIOCIDE coating the surface becomes weather-resistant. If necessary, the surface, treated with the energy-saving coating, can be painted with high-quality facade paint or with other decorative façade coatings, which don’t produce significant additional load.
This coating, when applied on walls of buildings, acts as a heat-insulating material, retaining heat indoors; as a waterproofing material, preventing the penetration of moisture in cracks and fissures; and as façade paint, covering walls with smooth vapor-permeable layer. PROTERM® BIOCIDE is designed for application on the surface of buildings and constructions: its viscous consistency is easily applied on vertical walls. The dried layer of this heat-insulating material forms a solid polymer coating on walls of a building.
The application of energy-saving coating PROTERM® BIOCIDE allows achieving several goals at once:
- possibility of using the coating along the whole perimeter of a building both indoors and outdoors;
- reducing labor, time and financial costs for construction and repair works performance;
- keeping the initial load on building structures unchanged;
- optimization of temperature conditions inside the building;
- at the application of the energy-saving coating indoors, the area of the rooms remains unchanged;
- possibility of using the coating on complex-structured facades and preserving the historical appearance of buildings.
Energy-saving coatings PROTERM® can be applied with painter's tools or with airless sprayers.
Methods of application:
- Pneumatic method – the pressure is 1.5 – 3.5 atm;
- Airless method – the pressure is 80-110 bar, nozzle diameter (inches) – 0.013, 0.015, 0.017;
- Spray angle is 20, 30, 40 depending on the shape of the surface to be coated;
- Manual method – applied with a roll (napless, preferably velour) or natural-fiber brush;
- During application a smooth wet layer without gaps, drips, shagreen or other defects should be formed.
Main parameters of application:
- The material is applied at ambient temperature: from +7˚С to +40˚С and atmosphere relative humidity not above 80 %;
- Do not apply the coating on damp surface and at wind velocity over 10 m/sec;
- The coating is applied on surfaces with temperature: from +7˚С to +40˚С, the temperature of the surface to be coated should be 5˚С higher than the dew point temperature;
- Recommended wet layer thickness: 0.5 mm – 1.0 mm;
- Recommended recoating interval at tв= +20˚С: 24 hours;
- Theoretical material consumption: 1.2-1.5 l/m2; 0.5-0.7 kg/ m2 - at 1 mm thick layer;
- Basic color of coating — white, RAL coloring is acceptable;
- Solvent — water;
- After drying the coating layer operates within the temperature range: from -40˚С to +40˚С;
- Transport conditions: from +7˚С to +40˚С.
Material PROTERM® BIOCIDE should be stored in warm, closed and well-ventilated areas.
The product is packed in air-tight plastic containers of 5, 10 and 20 liters.
The storage time of the packed material while maintaining all conditions is 12 months.
Other product modifications: